If you have not already looked into virtualisation technology within your business to date then we would highly recommend that it is something that should be seriously considered when looking at your next IT infrastructure project. This is largely because of the multitude of value and benefits that a virtualised server or desktop solution could present to your business, largely associated to cost savings and operational efficiencies.
Server virtualisation enables you to virtualise
system resources that can be shared across multiple workloads. This
makes smarter use of existing infrastructure and reduces the overheads
of requiring as many physical servers. It works by creating a software
layer between the hardware and operating system platforms which allows
multiple operating systems to co-exist within one hardware environment.
The operational gains are immediate, as essentially you can maximise your investment in server hardware and operate significantly more workloads than possible before with a traditional physical server, per workload approach. The diagram below illustrates this effectively:
Virtualisation solutions are packed with real-world features that very effectively address compliance, security, and control needs. Advances made have meant that organisations of all types can benefit from virtualised infrastructure and desktop environments in a way that enables business to increase their operational efficiencies.
- - Live upgrades mean zero downtime from maintenance issues
- - Resource pooling creates available pools of capacity
- - Dynamically allocate resources according to demand
- - Automate routine maintenance and shift energy towards innovation
- Improve the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications through virtualisation:
- About 70% of a typical IT budget in a non-virtualised data center goes towards just maintaining the existing infrastructure, with little left for innovation.
- Free your IT admins from spending so much time managing servers rather than innovating
Improve the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications through virtualisation:
- - Run multiple operating systems on a single computer including Windows, Linux and more
- - Let your Mac run Windows creating a virtual PC environment for all your Windows applications
- Ensure your enterprise applications perform with the highest availability and performance:
- Reduce capital costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware while increasing your server to admin ratio.
Varciti offer a variety of server virtualisation
solutions that can provide a mixture of benefits that will demonstrate
significant value to your business operations, that can also reduce
operating costs and save time spent on managing your infrastructure.
Talk to one of our solution experts today who will be happy to assist
you with your next project.
The desktop is being, at least partly, replaced by mobile devices, smart phones and tablets. This means there is a proliferation of devices and therefore the applications required to service each. This can be challenging for any business to keep track or indeed to manage and maintain.
Desktop virtualisation lets you create a more flexible IT infrastructure so you can help your business respond more quickly to market changes and opportunities; deploy applications and desktops faster and more consistently to a wider variety of clients, lowering costs while improving service levels; extend the life of legacy applications and eliminate installation conflicts by virtualising applications. A virtualised desktop can provide:
- Streamlined deployment and management by delivering desktops as a service to old or low powered hardware
- Give secure remote access to teleworkers and temporary workers without sacrificing performance or security
- Sweat the lifetime of your assets by removing the requirement for localised processing power for task user based virtual desktops
- Reduce the time spent on the day to day management by moving the control layer to your datacentre
Talk to one of our desktop virtualisation specialists today to see how a solution could add value to your business.